I bet you thought they were gonna succeed
Emotional pain disappeared but would creep up again the next hour and here you were craving the cool air that hit after every slit. Mmmmm the temporary satisfaction of blood running down your skin. The excitement you felt after stocking up on brand new blades.... I bet you thought them voices were gonna succeed.
I bet you believed every word...
When they told you you were worthless, a nobody. When they told you no one was ever going to love you. They said you were cretinous and a fuck up. You didn’t know any better so you believed every single utter that your family put on your back. (Pause)
I bet you blamed yourself for letting them steal your innocence at such a young age—-
I bet you doubted your strength every time you were maltreated by those who were supposed to be your friends. You never stood up for yourself. I bet- I bet you thought you were going to stay untenable and that that Hollow feeling would follow you infinitely.
I bet you thought that you deserved to be treated the way these insecure little boys treated you.
I bet you believed those whisperers who called you a bitch.
—But look at you flourishing.
Segment 20 of the one life you got so continue nourishing— your mind, your body, you soul
Go ahead, show them who’s doing the controlling (pause)
And when these thoughts creep up on you, when those words make you blue- baby.... take em as a cue of strength cause can’t NOBODY walk in your shoe.
Segment 20 of the 1 life you got don’t spend it looking for purpose cause you exist and that is enough to be grateful for
Don’t spend it trying to prove to people you aren’t who they picture you as my love-
Segment 20 of the 1 life you got...
Live a little
Laugh a little
Smile a little
Appreciate the sad days so you can make something out of the happy ones.
Let that shit go.
Segment 20 of the 1 life you got. You’re in control now.
No comments:
Post a Comment